Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billed for eir fibre connection fee

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Eir won't just let you out of your contract- not a hope. They'd only cancel the MBB if you were moving to their FTTH. Catch 22 I know but they wouldn't let you just walk away if you're in contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Never dealt with worse, the lads you get through to are pure useless, any issue that ever got sorted was a woman on the other end of the phone. Had argument with a lad one day, awful idiot. Sky said they will be on on next week to unblosk duct.

In peoples opinions is it worth the hassle of digging trench to go underground?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 P.E.K.K.A

I contact them about 2 weeks ago to install fiber at my new home which is still being snagged (2nd round) which means i didn't get the keys yet.

Internet isn't installed yet nor I received my sim card because apparently their system won't allow me to receive the SIM until my internet is installed for some weird reason (customer support said 'that's how it is') and they wont send the SIM to my current residence. I scheduled my installation 1.5 months after the initial contact to make sure it's a date after I get my key, which would be 25th of October.

Today I received my "first bill", charging me 12.82 euros. I'm like what are they charging me for? Their link says there's an explanation for the bill on their website and I need to register with my mobile number. Catch is I don't have a number with them since they won't send the SIM until after the installation happens. Cool so I can't even register on their website. I went to call support, they ask me for the last 4 digits of my number which I didn't receive yet to talk to them.

I'm already thinking of cancelling this whole thing with them before basically getting a bill for October for the broadband that I don't have and the SIM I didn't receive yet. What a shite company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Always_Running

I believe they are charging to send out paper bills so I've cancelled that and I presume if I wanted too I can pay at the post office with old bill without any charge?

As I asked in the other thread as I plan on getting upgraded to fibre and reading this thread there shouldn't be installation/connection fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 P.E.K.K.A

Today I ordered Sky and planning to cancel eir as soon as Sky installs. I should have followed my hunch and cancel as soon as I saw the red flags. Eir is the worst piece of you-know-what I've ever had the displeasure to deal with. I didn't even finish my first month with them. I hope Sky calls and installs even before my appointment if they are in the area so I can cancel as soon as I can. Every 1 cent is a waste on this company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭jmreire

Took me literally 12 mths to stop getting bills for a land line that had been disconnected. . Best go on their Facebook page, and be prepared for long phone times. Good Luck, you will need it

Advertisement