Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad cans of Guinness

Options
  • 27-07-2023 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I've been drinking cans of Guinness for a long time but never tasted anything like the last pack I bought last week. They taste weird..like a totally different drink...more like Murphy's or Beamish or something. Still 9 months left on sell by date. Is it just a bad batch or is this a new thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,004 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are they surger or nitrosurge cans rather than widget cans? Or possibly Guinness Original not Guinness Draught? There are (far) more than one type of Guinness can and it can be easy to get the wrong one when you are expecting widget can Guinness Draught like most would.

Otherwise, bad batches exist, I'm fairly sure Diageo have a customer care number on the back, give them a ring. The recipe hasn't changed (that we're aware of) in a while, and the production process not since the change to filtering from isinglass fining in 2015-18

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fern Bench

Thanks for the response and the detail. No it's definitely the draught cans, an eight-pack wrapped in plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,004 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Customer care time then. You used to get vouchers for dodgy product, but cause coupons are basically gone as an idea you might get a bank transfer or some cans by courier or something

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Barbie2k23

Guinness don’t do 8 packs in plastic there in cardboard packaging for the last couple of years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Madd002

My husband says 3 out of the 8 packs are bad they usually flat, he never complains to them but I would, they were crap a while back when the ran out of widgets and used a fixed one in each can but husband says they were terrible.

Yeah you're probably right actually, Barbie. I can't remember tbh.

No problem with flatness though Madd, there's a fine head in it, it looks great. Just tastes totally wrong. I must get a second opinion to see if it's not just me.

Advertisement