Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gloria multibrush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,815 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Just ordered one from Mr Middleton the other day, I'll report back on how I get on.

They have a Garden Gear brush which is half the price, but the handle looks quite short (bending down would do my back in in no time) and they don't sell replacement brushes for it and I couldn't find any online either. Gloria wire or nylon brushes are easily found and a tenner or so each.

I have a shady area of paving in the back garden which tends to get mossy so the wide brush function should be useful, but I'm mainly getting this to use the wire brush on grass/weeds growing in between paving stones.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I read that as Gloria Multibush and thought I was going to get some amazing new bit of shrubbery!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,815 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The flex is ridiculously short, like 20cm. Fine with a lightweight 2-pin Europlug but a UK/Ireland plug (which is what was fitted) weighs a lot and a cable socket to mate with it weighs even more. I cut the plug off and put on this

which I already had on my hedge trimmer since I went through its cable 🤔 I won't be cutting hedges for a while yet so that's not a problem. I'll just buy another one. Nice and lightweight and not bulky like a standard UK/IRL plug.

The handle is height adjustable and easily accommodates a tall person like me.

Gave it a brief try out in brush mode, worked quite well at removing moss, then put the wire brush on which was very effective dealing with weeds and grass in paving. Of course it just gets the stuff out of the gap, you still have to sweep / clean it up afterwards, and with small paving stones like my front driveway it'll take a long time to deal with the many interfaces, but it sure beats the hell out of doing this by hand.

I've heard it said that the brass-coated steel wire brush lasts about 3 hours of contact time - we'll see.

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement