Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steinberg Fireplaces

Options
  • 29-07-2023 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hi has anyone used Steinberg or are any of yee planning to do so?

If so i would seriously advise against it.

I ordered and arranged for a fireplace to be installed and was only informed, (when they hadnt arrived) that payment had to be made up front, i was told this was because they wer burnt recently, hmmm starting to raise an eyebrow,

I had removed my old fireplace so had to go and pay and go back to work.

The lads then came and installed, wen i saw the finish i was seriously dissapointed. every cut (15) in total had chips all the way down the cut in the black granit. i was persuaded to replace the plynth as any minor marks wud stick out. the new plynth was way worse than the old one, the cuts wer dat bad,

when i contacted them they said oh send a video, i was told oh we will grout again, grout was never gonna fix a cut from a blunt blade, low and behold they never contacted me back, they had their 1800 cash already.

just a word to the wise steer clear, they wudnt display this kind of finish in their showroom.

avoid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Take a claim to the small claims court

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mad Peggy

count your losses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Listen I'm resigned to it no doubt but I have just lost faith in trades people who don't take pride in their work, like you trade off your name, nothing can be done but i was well played. no mention of money up front till the morning of install, time was arranged and everything, still no mention of payment up front, herself took a day off to be there for them, when they didn't turn up I was told, we don't install without money up front, i would advise anyone who is ignoring this and getting them to do work check all the cuts on the black backing granit before they install and pay half upfront.

Advertisement