Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with deciding on a pre built PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's terrible.

3yo CPU & 4yo GPU, and budget junk at that.

I'd suggest a used build, or at least a used GPU like RX 580 8Gb/GTX 1660 Ti in a budget machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SimplyBlue

Thanks for that.

Have looked on adverts.ie locally.

Any input on these two?

Second one seems to be willing to go down to €450

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

1660 is a bit better than 6500 XT, though the CPU is a bit weaker. But €450 for the machine is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

That prebuilt for €600 - there's nothing wrong with it and it's not a massive rip-off or anything for a retail price, it is most definitely not junk or terrible.

It's not exactly cutting edge but would run Sims 4 perfectly and plenty of other games including newer ones. I've personally played Apex Legends, Overwatch 2, Enlisted and Battlefield V on a GTX1650 perfectly at high settings, for reference.

I doubt someone playing Sims 4 is suddenly going to leap forward and decide to play Cyberpunk 2077 or Crysis Remastered.

For the sake of €100-150 saving, and for who/what it's intended for, I would be cautious about buying 2nd hand.

Anything goes wrong, or fails, you're on your own and troubleshooting/replacement will be at your own expense.

2nd machine specifically - better graphics card but won't really make any difference in Sims 4, CPU is a bit slower but won't make any difference either.

Overall for someone looking to play Sims 4 or similar games the prebuilt for €600 is perfectly fine in terms of functionality and value considering it's a prebuilt.

If you really want to save money, you can get an older 2nd hand machine for about €200 that would run Sims 4 perfectly.

Advertisement