Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Pay Dates

• 30-07-2023 8:08pm

Hey! I’m about to start an EO position in the Civil Service on 14 August and will be paid for fortnightly. I was wondering if anyone could tell me when pay-dates are/when I can expect to be paid my first salary? I’m just really worried about not being paid for a while as my last paycheque for current job will be 4 August (like after I pay my rent and bills I think I have €100-200 until my first paycheque with the CS)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭wench

The 17th will be a payday, but I doubt you'd be set up for that one.

If not, you'll have to wait until the 31st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Next Thursday 🍾🍾

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭apkmbarry

You may get something for 17th if they've already taken your bank details etc as the NSSO are prioritising new staff. But the first full time pay you'll get is the 31st.

I’ll actually be working for a subsidiary of the Department of Trade and Enterprise, so technically the Public Service I think. Do the Public Service organisations follow the same pay-dates and use the NSSO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Kirbi

Most Public Service bodies don't use the NSSO for payroll (and the very small number I know of that do don't come under D/Enterprise).

You may be better off asking the HR unit in this case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement