Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Freshner Damaged Car - Remedy?

Options
  • 30-07-2023 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Evening,

I recently bought a liquid air freshner in a large supermarket. I attached it to the air vent. I noticed tonight (after maybe 2 days of use) that it has leaked on to a part of the dashboard and stripped the paint i.e. stripped the matt finish away. It's a small enough area, maybe 5cm, but very noticeable.

I've had another look at the packaging, in size 1 font, and it contains all sorts of warnings (you'd swear it was industrial paint stripper) incl. that it may damage some plastics.

Do I have a valid complaint?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I don't think you have any recourse. While in small print, the warnings are there. I had the same issue years ago, it's a real pain,

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Was it marketed as suitable for use in cars, or was this a general domestic air freshener?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bold Abdu

It's a car air freshener.

The stores customer service is quite good so I'll email them later and see what happens.

Advertisement