Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secrets Of The Showroom - RTE1

• 30-07-2023 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭

I can’t this today just after the main news on RTÉ one. Didn’t get to watch it at the time because we had family visiting but caught it on the player later.

It followed several sakes people from a number of car dealerships. I think the idea was to show the lengths a modern salesperson goes to to shift cars but most of them came across a bunch of saddos and tossers.

I laughed at the sales competition at a Dublin dealership for a trip to Dubai. The owner came across as a tosser with his arsenal jersey on all the time fur interviews. Then when the two people won the trip it was just 3 days in Dubai. Seriously if you’re that friggin impressed by travelling half way across the works fir 3 days you probably need a better job.

The lady with the bad boob job selling high end motors seemed off to me. Where was she getting the cash to source these cars as it seemed she was the only person at her dealership. I wouldn’t be rushing out to buy a car from her. Gif help you if something goes wrong.

Best of all was a place in Cork arsing srojnd making a **** superhero video for a sales promotion. I was waiting to see the finished product at the end but it was nowhere to be seen. I guess I’m supposed to hit up the company’s YouTube channel.. thanks but no!

They also had a 17 yr old buying her first car with her dad. I’d say the spend for her was south of 5 grand all in with insurance and a car. To hear her you’d swear it was a necessity but she was just going into leaving very! WTF??

The only decent segment was a guy in Sligo selling an electric car to a couple who wanted to change from diesel. He came across as a decent guy. The rest of them would make Arthur Daly proud.

Advertisement