Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overcharging for parking at train stations

• 31-07-2023 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was recently charged twice for a days parking at Cork train station. APCOA refuse to acknowledge even though I have shown proof from my bank account.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,600 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Contact your bank to do a chargeback of the duplicate transaction. That’ will cost APCOA a whole lot more time and money to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Sounds like a ghost transaction. Those are very common with contactless and usually get reversed by the banking system automatically within 10 (working?) days, but usually in less than a week. Very common. Not necessarily always, but often happens due to unstable Internet connection during a transaction. Internet connection in Ireland is pretty poor and contactless is sensitive to that. We'll a lot more of these once we'll have a bank card contactless instead of a Leap card in the future. They usually get sorted automatically. They also happen in automatic fuel stations which reserve some amount of money.

Advertisement