Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Dublin City Council

• 31-07-2023 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys,

I was offered a position in DCC once i complete a medical and ref check.

I was wondering can anyone give me an insight of what it is like to work for DCC as the nerves are hitting now and i am afraid i will make the wrong decision leaving my current job.

Also What kind of perks are offered with the Council? I.e. Annual leave, flexi, and is it easy to advance as i will be taking a drop in wages if i take it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Standard Al is 30 days pa, Flexi is 13 days pa (assuming you work up the leave) , standard working day is 7 hours (ex lunch) Flexi hours are a core of 10 to 12 and 2.30 to 3.30, so you must work these hours but can start as early as 7.30 and stay as late as 6.30. Work your hours around thus subject to local management / business needs.

Advancement is SLOW.

Many COs remain at a CO for many years before a competition for Assistant Staff Officer arrives, then there the application, interview process, formations of panels. Promotion secured based solely on performance in the interview.

There are annual salary increments, but they're not huge.

Family friendly policies apply such as availability to work a shorter working year (6 weeks less but unpaid of course) parental / maternity leave etc.

Support with further education is also given.

Your decision really depends on your current role and salary level and how secure it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koolkat1

Hi Zippy,

Thanks very much for replying that answered a lot of my questions.

I was hoping i be able to advance quicker to bring my money up but maybe there will be more talks on pay increases by the unions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Would anyone have a link to the candidate information booklet for this please

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aieholl

Hi ! I am on the panel and I'm just wondering do the Dublin City Council offer hybrid working? Thank you!!!

Advertisement