Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C1 to B3

• 01-08-2023 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got external insulation added to the house. So external insulation, attic insulation and double glazed windows. It's a terraced ex-council house. The BER Cert is C1 / 162.81 kWh/m2/yr

The BER report had a recommendation to get a heat pump installed which I'm not too sure about. I've heard the house really needs to be air tight and while insulation makes a difference, I still have doubts.

Is there anything else I could look at to try and get a B3 rating? It's a south facing house so was thinking of solar panels, but again it's a terraced house so not that many panels and wondering if that would help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Alkers

What does the report suggest?

I'd have thought you'd be better than b3 with the measures you've described.

Do you have heating controlls? Led lighting? They're both easy improvements.

What is the actual score in kWh/M3, each of the grades is a band so you could be at the top of c1 already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Daith

Thanks. I can't see anything referencing kWh/M3 on the report.

No heating controls. A new enough boiler was put in but there's no zones or anything. I think I'd prefer that or solar panels than a heat pump at the moment though.

There's LED lights downstairs but not upstairs. Wasn't aware they contributed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Alkers

It's actually in your OP, your current at 162.8 kWh per M2 per annum, pretty much the middle of the c1 band. You need to bring this to below 150 to go to B3.

There should be measures identified in the document, as well as their impact and cost implication. Do you have any open fireplaces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Daith

Thanks for the replies. The only thing recommended on the report was a heat pump. The BER cert was done by a person selected by the people who did the insulation.

Obviously no reason to doubt it, but I might get another check done and ask for more recommendations than the heat pump.

Thanks again

Advertisement