Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best EU garden stores for plants not available domestically post-Brexit?

Options
  • 01-08-2023 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

With the UK now firmly off the table, I was wondering what broader European online stores people recommend to source plants that are difficult to find in Ireland, and of course, actually deliver to Ireland? I'm finding that Irish options can be great, but the selection limited. Primary interest is in fruiting plants where I want to broaden the selection of varieties I'm planting in a new garden.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Irish History

I've got some unusual fruit trees/plants from Germany - 'Lubera' with no problems - 20 euro delivery cost per order, no matter what the size it seems.

I've been buying unusual fruit trees/plants in Poland that originate from further east that grow great here in Ireland with our short summers (grapevines that grow and ripen grapes ultra quick and in cooler less sunny conditions for example) All extremely cheap, but postage costs a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Advertisement