Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prk/Lasek a second time

Options
  • 01-08-2023 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I had Prk 6 years ago . Best decision iv ever made . However unfortunately this year my eyes have started to regress again . Iv got -.50 nearsightedness in both eyes . Still just under the threshold for getting the top up surgery. Just wondering has anyone ever had to get theirs redone or any information on it

Post edited by Beasty on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I had LASEK on both eyes in 2008. Over the next 10 years I had a repeat procedure in my right eye 3 more times to correct my worsening long distance sight. Each treatment was just like the first, took a while for me to recover.

After the 4th treatment, I was told that I couldn't have any more LASEK procedures as there wasn't enough cornea to work on.

An option if I want it is lens replacement, similar to treatment for cataracts.

Just back from the opticians where my prescription has changed for the 3rd time since Feb 2021 (mostly on the right eye).

The LASEK adjustments were free of charge, included in the original cost of the procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paulh181

And would your vision have slipped to the -1.0 that they say it needs to be to do the lasek again ? Is it the same in that they need to see your prescription has stayed the same for a full year before you can get it redone ? Thanks for the feedback

Advertisement