Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun forend

Options
  • 01-08-2023 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi guy, I was just looking to know can you change out the handguard on a semi auto shotgun , I seen a forend with a built in torch that would be handy I wudnt bother doing it if it meant changing licenses and stuff?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭cosieman

Sure it would be fine since changing out rifle stocks and stuff is a ok and attaching a light onto a rifle is fine as long as it is not a night vision scope

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Which gun and model.

Usually it's a case of unscrewing the retaining "knob" on the end, sliding off the Fore-end as you do when cleaning, and then attaching your new one.

Should be a simple process.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭johnogog88

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah it's a benelli M1 pretty easy to fit from what I've seen , is it hard to get gun parts like that in from America or would it be better trying to source somewhere in Europe? Thanks

Europe should be easier. No customs and shipping won't be an issue.

America will be subject to taxation and some places won't ship to Ireland.

That said it's not impossible.

Try Brownells Germany.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Hi Cass ,sorry to bother you again , Im finding it hard to source the said forend in Europe and have got in contact with the manufacturer in America , unfortunately they don't ship to Ireland because itar laws , just wondering I have family living in the states who send stuff over from time to time could they order it and send it to me or is that illegal?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Afaik ITAR stuff cannot be shipped outside of CONUS without a license however @Grizzly 45 would know more in the exact details than I.

For now my suggestion, as always, is to play it safe and don't try it without investigating all aspects for fear someone gets their collar felt

Have you a link to the item you're looking for?

Thanks for the response Cass :) I emailed the company and asked could that be done and they said they cannot officially give an answer but it happens all the time , oddly enough the forend I'm after is sold in Europe but is out of stock on all European sites for months now :(

If you want to try it then it's your decision. I won't comment on it either way.

I will say the item has no such restrictions here so the biggest obstacle will be getting it over there and sent to you . Once it lands here, afaik, you're good.

Open to correction there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

ITAR is a minefield for exporting stuff from the US,as most people who deal with guns find it too difficult to navigate for once off sales to places like Ireland that require and end user certificate.

Yet the US will allow companies export to countries with "Trusted country "status like Germany and the UK no problem .Yet then put a cevat on any sales that it must be only in that country to a UK or German citizen for certain bits or parts .So if this part is available ,which it seems,in Europe.I'd still try and order it here via the EU dealer,than trying and faff about doing a US import and then having it sent back by the Irish customs /An Post bots because the decleration was wrong or somthing of the like.Its frustrating as Hell and in the long run ,its not saving a lot anymore either.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Thanks for your insight grizzly45 , unfortunately it's out of stock in all European sites including the European manufacturer site the us site have told me they have no real contact with the European site. It's bizzare how I can order it on the euro site but not the American for the same thing. 🤣 I duno why the American site allows there European site be out of stock for a year or more when they could send some stock over 😅 I don't if il chance ordering from the states have to sit on the fence for a bit :)

• Advertisement

Who is this company and what is this fore end?Just so we can all avoid dealing with them in the future.?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Strike industries mate :)

One of those "cheese grater" fore end jobs ?

Yeah mlok forend found something that might work it's a forend with light mount attached:)

Those cheese grater jobs,unless you are wearing gloves are not the most comfortable things to hold onto for a long period,going by experience on the AR fore ends,and they get cold too.If you want a light mount,why not just get a barrel clamp with the right size dia for a decent torch with an on /off pressure switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ak51535

I got the strike industries on my M1, there's a crowd in Poland that had the handguard in FDE. I managed to get a black handguard from a canadian shop. costs 99 dollars to ship and took about 6 weeks to get here. Their communication was crap as well and kept fobbing me off with "it'll be shipped next week" replies. But I have to say I like the handguard.

Thanks for your response. Managed to get something similar from a European shop mate. Any pics of your benelli you could message me? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ak51535

Pm's you there

Advertisement