Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wastewater operator

Options
  • 02-08-2023 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello folks,

Just wondering can anyone tell me what working hours do people do as a Wastewater operator?I have been offered a Wastewater operator position and have been told the hours are working 11 days consecutively and off Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

So you would work :

From a Monday to the following Thursday (11 days straight through to the Thursday) it's 8 hours each day.

But this is not including overtime or emergencies or been on call,so really you could end up working an unbelievable amount of hours.

I suppose I am asking is there anyone else in Ireland working these 11 days consecutively and just off the 3 days in any Wastewater Treatment plant? I am in a bit of shock of the 11 days in a row.Any answers would be appreciated.

Post edited by Beasty on

Advertisement