Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy solicitor vol.2

Options
  • 02-08-2023 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I made a post two weeks ago about our completely crazy solicitor. We are atm trying to buy a house.

Contracts received by our solicitor from vendor side. Our solicitor raised pre contract enquiries 11 days ago. Since then-silence, silence, silence.

We are calling her basically every two days and asking how things are progressing and she even refuses to talk to us. Her assistant won't give us a chance to talk to her.

They are just saying "as soon we have an update we will contact you" which is great but after 11 working days there should be some movement (EA told me that this is unusual and I should chase her).

We have problem with this solicitor from the day one. Slow or no response to emails, we never actually talk, we never hear her voice, when we call to the office she is always out or busy etc etc constant excuses but obviously she don't want to talk to us due to...God knows. Yes, maybe we needed to change her bit we feel now is way to late since contracts are on the table.

I wanted to ask everyone here, what would you do in this situation, knowing that pre contract enquiries have raised and she keeps being silent (she is not pushing vendor solicitor for answers etc)? Emails not answered, phone calls non productive, what else can we do? Our loan offer expires very soon, she is aware of that but still doesn't give a fu.ck.

Sorry for the rant, I hope you understand.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Why didn't you just update the previous post, instead of starting a new one? Loads of replies on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 astefulj

Sorry I wasn't sure if someone would see a new post, that's why I posted a new discussion. Just updated the old one

Advertisement