Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood pressure

Options
  • 02-08-2023 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Blood pressure medication side affects ..amlodipine 10mg .on it nearly two years .the last 6 months can t remember things and being on edge and like anxiety and tired

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

I tried a fair few different types of meds before found one with worked really well, with zero side effects. Your GP should be able to work through different options with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 westeast

He insisting there the best .the blood pressure was 180/120 before med .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Out of interest what's your BP now? I was 190/110 before going on 2.5mg Nebilet - 150/100 now and likely adding a second drug soon.

Normal 180/120 that is at gp every time i go in

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You might want to get a home BP monitor so you can keep a closer eye on it.

• Advertisement

I am going to get home bp monitor thank for reminding me .just when you are in the gp they would say white coat fright .but bp is always normal

• Registered Users Posts: 21,364 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Boots have an own brand model.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I have a Medicare Lifesense home monitor, cost €55, same as my GP was using the last time I was with him. Excellent buy that I recommend to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Normal is 120/80

180/120 may be a typo on your part but if it is not then then it very much needs action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

That's not normal, it's high blood pressure, you may have typed it incorrectly ? It may be due to your visit to Doctor's surgery, but if my GP saw that with me he would make me relax and check it three times. If it didn't come down he would put me on a 24 hour monitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭wandererz

I went to hospital as I wasn't feeling well.

Detected high blood pressure. Nothing worked for hours. Tablet after tablet.

Until the last one the hospital had otherwise I would have been admitted.

Currently on Coverdeine, which is a mix of different drugs.

Trouble is that I don't know if this is best for me or that it 'just works'.

Have an Omron monitor at home and now a Bluetooth version which I prefer since it transfers the data to the app on your phone which you can show your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Omron have several models and there are phone apps where you can just type in the values.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭wandererz

True, and have one of those as a previous model as well. Keep it in the car.

I just find it easier without the extra manual step. The app directly imports the reading, encourages you to take morning and evening readings and shows where you are on a BP scale.

Not expensive at all on Amazon.

Sorry everyone .i typed it wrong bp is okay the last week just feel sh.t pain in head lightheaded and and upset stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alexago

Unfortunately, almost all medications have side effects. I also faced this problem and after that case, I always check the info about the medications I'm going to take (usually I use the canada drugs site). It is good to know the possible side effects and contraindications beforehand. 

Post edited by alexago on

Advertisement