Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Installation

Options
  • 02-08-2023 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I have eir booked to come in the next week and been reading nothing but nightmares online haha.

The nearest pole with a fibre box is way across a field, So there's no hope of running a cable overhead.

I've been reading the line is fed through the phone line ducting. We've had Virgin for years so never thought of it.

The house is donkeys years old so there's no junction box like in new builds and this is where the phone line came in. Was cut when the new door went in.

It looks like there was a chunk taken from the ground and the phone cable laid. How am I supposed to know if there's any actual ducting here ...as in is the wire just buried through the garden... or where the actual duct opening ends closest to the house.

Am I going to have to dig and see. The concrete by the door is a bit shabby but just as the picture cuts off at the right the garden has been landscaped at great expense. I really don't want to have to dig up the place to save myself 20 quid a year

What's the chances of ducting being there. A small patch job won't be a problem.

See pic. Sorry if it's huge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

looks like armoured cable so no ducting but I'll let somebody more knowledgeable confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

The installers themselves (most likely KN) are decent and knowledgeable and will be straight up with you.

The problem with eir is the utterly appalling customer service, so if it can't be installed you may have endless issues cancelling the contract unless you are lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

It's not really a bother if it's a no go. The only thing I'm worried about is my VM contract is due to expire only a day or so after the eir install.

I can go without the BB but I ported the landline over. I know nobody uses them anymore but we do here and the number is important as it's going about 40 years and don't want to end up loosing it for something silly like a cancelation.

See what happens, I'm sure it'll all go tits up. 😂

Advertisement