Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Form Help - Temp layoff

• 03-08-2023 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I have been placed on temporary layoff from my job and I am trying to claim Jobseekers in the interim while I get another job, or new work comes up in my current role.

Just looking for some help on some question on Jobseekers Form which might be stupid questions but thought I would ask anyway. As I understand I am still in employment but just not getting paid so some of the question I am not sure how to answer.

17 When were you last in paid employment?

Options:

1. Still in employment (technically true - I am still employed)
    2. In the last month (true with regards being paid - it was last month - seems the correct choice)

Then depending on that answer there is follow on questions

17a if still in employment, what is weekly gross

(I am still employed?)

or

17b If no longer in employment, what were your weekly gross

(I am still in employment, rendering the first part here not true??)

I might be being stupid but if I correctly answer the first one to say I was last in "paid employment" a month ago, I have to go question 17b here which assumes no longer in employment (not true),

And the first option for question 17 which says I am still employment (seems wrong with regards 'paid' employment).

If 17b had been phrased "paid employment" it would be obvious the answers are 17 (2) and then go to 17b but its not, its just "employment".

I might be overthinking here because will attach letter from work. They will know the scenario and have sufficient stamps on get payment. I just don't want to make any errors on the form which could delay things. I don't think the form is clear for people placed on temporary layoff (employed but unpaid).

Comments

Advertisement