Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RJ45 Boots - Small

Options
  • 03-08-2023 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭

Search function is useless so starting a new thread. Looking at making some patch cables of varying lengths for a home network and already have some Cat6 stranded cable for the job. However like a lot of the fancy new cable it’s pretty small diameter at just over 4mm (26AWG wire) so suitable boots are proving difficult to source. Some new prefabricated patch cables are even smaller using 28AWG wire. I have solid core shielded Cat6 cable routed between a patch panel and wall plates and that’s heavy duty 21AWG wire and quite thick and stiff but is punched down so RJ45 plugs and boots not required for that.

For the patch cables I was initially looking at the below but one question and answer had the cable entry hole at 8mm and a review with pictures had it closer to 9mm so that wouldn’t work. Anyone with experience with RJ45 boots or advise where I can get narrow gauge fittings, ideally in grey, 50+? I guess I can just leave the plugs without boots but think they look better with plus they help with limiting flex at the vulnerable entry points.

Comments

Advertisement