Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90s kids channel

• 03-08-2023 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for the name of a 90s kids channel from the uk

Not trouble or nickelodon, tcc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Any of these? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Children%27s_television_channels_in_the_United_Kingdom

If you remember any programmes or presenters on the channel then you could look them up to figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Fox Kids? Also, Sky One showed a lot of kids stuff up until they launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The main ones were Cartoon Network (free on satellite and often on cable outside the cities), and the other three you identified - Trouble and Nickelodeon were pay on Sky and on cable in the cities.

I think there was also occasional English language with German subtitles stuff on Ki.Ka from Germany back in the analogue Sky era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

none of the above. supgrass alright was played a lot on this channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Inviere

TCC? (The Children's Channel)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Glaceon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I used watch something called CBBC or maybe that was just a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was just coming in here to post that, that'd be the one I grew up with myself.

I remember being devastated in the early 90s when it was bought up by Sky and you had to have a Sky subscription to watch it 😥

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It was never owned by Sky, but became part of the Sky Multi Channels sub on satellite on 1/9/93.. Very few people in Ireland had analogue satellite though, and it was on basic cable in Dublin until it’s demise when it was replaced by Nickelodeon.

CBBC is a channel now, but was just a strand on BBC 1/2 back then.

Struggling to think of any channel around in the 1990s that hasn’t already been mentioned. Sky One carried kids programmes (originally DJ Kat/Fun Factory) well into the late 1990s and even after Fox Kids and Nickelodeon came about. Super Channel also carried kids programmes in its earlier days but they were dropped after its re-invention as an executive-focused channel (it was taken over by NBC not long later).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Super Channel had cartoons too, not a dedicated kids channel though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement