Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers Belfast

Options
  • 04-08-2023 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Really would love to see the Killers live, Looks like Tickets easily available for the Belfast gig but hotels as usual are very expensive. Anyone know of a concert bus that will go from the Clare/Limerick area. Also has anyone gone up and back to Belfast for a gig on the same day, any suggestions of parking etc, its on in Boucher Playing Fields

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

ive travelled up and down on the dublin/belfast bus before handy enough, company is called aircoach

drove another time and just parked in the city centre as gig was in ulster hall, boucher playing fields is a little outside city but there are buses or im sure they must have parking nearby

had looked at going to this myself but hotels are crazy money

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Last time I went to Belfast for a gig was Iron Maiden last year at Belsonic

Found on street parking less than a kilometre away and I tend to find there are plenty of places if you get there an hour or two before most gigs

There is a retail park just up the road towards the city centre. I would hope there would be some parking spaces there but the shops will probably be open until 8 and they may be stopping gig traffic getting in

And I drove home after Iron Maiden. T'was only 340km...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Thanks had a look around and seems them retail parks have a £90 fine after 3 hours of parking, presumably we get away with that in the south. Just as long as they dont clamp. Other alternative I suppose is city centre and then uber or something which is fine until after the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

I have tickets booked (travelling from Dublin). We did it a couple of years ago for Belsonic and it worked well. Though Belsonic is a bit closer to the city than Boucher Road Playing Fields. We used one of the 24 hour car parks (I think Victoria Square), it was a bit pricey but it was secure!

There are few others in the link below from Belfast Live for last year's events. It's a bit of pain to go north back to the city, when we're travelling south (I hate going backwards to go forwards) but it's an option if you don't want to take the risk of getting (or using!) on-street parking:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Going to catch them in EP, been listening to their recent setlists on setlist.fm, haven't really listened to them since day and age album.

They've matured well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

A right bunch of tossers they were in Georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mike3549

STAGE times for this Friday's Belfast Vital concert have been announced.

The music event at Boucher Road Playing Fields on September 1 will get underway at 6.15pm with an opening set from Cian Ducrot, followed by main support act Johnny Marr at 7.30pm. The Killers will then commence their headline set at 8.45pm.

Stupid question, is there an uber or some other similar hailing app up the north?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kilteragh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It was a strange move to bring that Russian guy on, not sure what they were really thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The Killers were great last night. A real high energy performance and very good atmosphere.

But Boucher Playing Fields was a poor venue. It was muddy and a lot less room to get around than other large outdoor gigs I have been to. It felt like we were a bit squeezed in. Massive queues for the bars. No taps at the toilets. The sound quality was good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

Yeah agree they were excellent, and agree with the set up.

Queueing to get in was a mess although it did move in a reasonable speed. Was in the queue when Jonny Marr was mid set and would have been happy to listen as we queued but for some reason some NI radio station has a stand blasting out 90s dance music

Advertisement