Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live-in nurse for care of stroke patient

• 04-08-2023 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Recently one of my relatives had a serious stroke and has returned home. However it is very difficult for his family to care for him for a number of reasons.

Of course there is the option that he would move to a nursing home, but his family would like him to remain at home.

Does anyone one if it is possible to arrange a 'live-in' nurse/carer who would help take care of him? Or where should I even look for something like this.

Apologies if this is a stupid question or if it has been asked before. I really don't know a lot about this kind of situation, but it is becoming very stressful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭The Gardener

Sorry to hear about your relative, having been in a slightly similar situation I would start by contacting one or more of the Home care agencies such as Home Instead, Bluebird, etc. They should be able to advise you based on the severity/medical needs of your relative.

Advertisement