Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powerline TP-Link and Switch - Connect via Switch or Direct in Router

• 05-08-2023 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Wasn't sure where to ask this, here of computers, so apologies if in the wrong place. Please move if necessary.

Simple question, I think. {Edit-All devices are together, Modem/Router/Switch)}

Have Virgin providing Cable Internet to a Netgear R7000 router.

We then have an unmanaged switch. TP Link - TL-SG1008 . I go Virgin Modem to Router to switch, and have the NAS boxes and a few things connected to said switch, all OK.

I also use TP link powerline yokes around the house. My question is, do you go from Switch to Main/first Powerline or directly from Router? Either works, just which way is the proper way?

Hope that makes sense!

Post edited by Unknown Soldier on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Not realy matter. R7000 you plugging in is switch also. With SG you just get extra ports

Advertisement