Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 3 priorities of Government

Options
  • 05-08-2023 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

If you were to put down your impression of the government's priorities, what would they be?

As in, what do the government parties actually seem to be interested and involved in.

I was trying to think of 3 myself, and I'm struggling.

I'd go with

1 Multinationals

Top priority. The government seem to exist for them and there's nothing they wouldn't do.

2 "looking good from afar"

Now all governments anywhere want to look good, but it feels as they place it above so much else. Practically pointless referendums, rabbiting on and on about the most inconsequential issues, all while there's bag loads of serious issues that are avoided like the plague or given lip service year in year out.

3 Immigration

Strongly tied to number 1 I'd speculate, they seem super, super invested in growing the population no matter the cost. Strange.

The list of things they don't seem to care about is very long in my opinion. But maybe you see them as particularly devoted to mental health, or sport, or renewable energy and so.

I have no love for the governance of this country, but I'm genuinely curious what others have to say, good or bad. Does it match up with what you hear in real life?

Just the overall impression taken over time, from television to interview to policies, the whole lot.

In your opinion, what are the top 3 priorities of the government in action from all these years, not what they say, but what they do.

And why not, what are the bottom 3 things that they seem to not care about whatsoever?

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,100 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Another antiimmigant and conspiracy theory thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭hymenelectra

No.

This is a chance for you to put down your impression of the governance of this country and make a good light of them if you wish.

The problem may be that you can't, which is why you said what you did, and also why you didn't say anything else.

But that's up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Making money for themselves

Getting reelected

Making money for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 33,530 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wonder what the priorities of Sinn Fein will be, should they be in power in a few years time?

They talk a great game, I really hope they follow through on what they preach.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

We don't need another immigration thread (because, lets face it, that's what this is - I'm guessing points 1 and 2 will see very little discussion)

Discuss immigration in the dedicated threads, discuss governance of the country in the Politics forum

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement