Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice project building a natural stone walkway on Croagh Patrick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭indy_man

Second instalment, really improved, amazing scenery

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭iniscealtra

Fair play to them and the volunteers. Savage amount of work done. I was up there when it was done half way. It really helps. It will be appreciated by many.

Part 3 is online. They reached the summit. Great work by these people.

https://youtu.be/zuOBGO4VxaQ

Another lovely video from the reek.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Nice work but there's more to be done, maybe we should look to create something like FDR's CCC.

"The Emergency Conservation Work Act of 1933 mandated that the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) recruit unemployed young men from urban areas to perform conservation work throughout the nation's forests, parks, and fields. One of several prongs in the New Deal's attack on economic stagnation, President Franklin D."

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Climbed it in the early 90’s , was about 12 and it was treacherous back then…

the biggest risk wasn’t falling but people climbing in front of you accidentally dislodging stone which obviously due to gravity was only heading one direction…down ! Fast, in the direction of other climbers….

you could give me a few grand to ascend the mountain and I’d tell you to keep it as opposed to doing that again….

not to knock the efforts of people and well done and good luck to all involved but that place, just the mention of it gives me the creeps after that day 😵‍💫😅

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭PaoloGotti

I’m kind of against this. I think mountains should be left the way they are. Yes it is treacherous climbing a mountain. Buyer beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The view is stunning from the top of Croagh Patrick on a clear day. But as with all these stunning views of Ireland, the complete absence of native forests is shocking. We like to berate Brazil for the damage to the Amazon, but we have completely removed our native tree cover here. You've got a few boutique places here and there. But it's a ridiculous shame on the nation that we can't plant some trees. We jump up and down to the Irish rugby team and the national anthem etc etc etc , but we can't look after the land. And it's not complicated.

New WR, 7 mins to get to the top of CP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_4dFxe2Dd4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Watched the vids.

Spectacular achievement and a benefit to so many for generations to come.

Well done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement