Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolf - BBC

• 07-08-2023 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anyone else watching this?

Only watched episode 1....it is a bit bonkers to be honest but a great cast and watchable. Maybe best to go in blind.

Trailer below.

Blurb (minor spoilers on premise).

DI Jack Caffery becomes obsessed with the neighbour he believes murdered his 10 year-old brother during the 1990s. Meanwhile, in Monmouthshire a wealthy isolated family find themselves victimised, trapped and terrorised by someone’s cruel games.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yes enjoying it but it is quite bonkers. Two Game of Thrones alumni amongst the cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Watched the first two episodes then abandoned ship. It's too weird and yet stereotypical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Deeec

Same here stopped watching- I didnt even finish episode 2. Moving very slow and the links between the stories is hard to follow. The story seems to be stretched that little bit too far to be enjoyable.

In episode 1 I think the family could have escaped when the guys went to get their lunch- all the mother needed to do was knock over the table and she could have freed herself!

Not that it matters but they did say that they had nailed the table to the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Deeec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yer man is bringing a bit of Ramsay Bolton with him, yeah you could poke more holes than a swiss cheese in the story but I'm liking it so far.

I’m gonna stick with it as bizarre as it is!

Sounds like the family being held hostage have something to hide, suppose its a bit too far fetched that they would turn out to be the real killers.

Watched it all. The writers do tie it up nicely in the end which is not surprising as it is based on a novel.

So we never really found out what happened to the cops brother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭corkie

Given the character it was kind of cool they had 'Doctor who' mentioned in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I was wondering that myself. Are they trying to leave it open for a second season, or are we supposed to guess? Such a strange way to end the show, was that supposed to be cathartic for the lead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭apache

Just starting episode 2 here and liking it so far. It's a bit mad.

Advertisement