Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Genotyping Programme - ICBF

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

It's 4 euro per test that's why they want your card number. Ring your tag supplier and order supplementary tagsfor the remaining tags, it means you'll have 2 tags in one small ear which isnt ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Initially €4 is deducted for every genomic tag ordered - the balance of €14 each will be debited later for the ones tagged for the SCEP scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭limo_100

Would I have to do the animals that are not genotyped in the herd now or can I choose to leave them undone as the bulls will be gone in the spring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Joined last year, they only sent out free genotags for the females, no tags were issued for the males.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Snip off the button tag once the sample is taken and use the same hole for the EID one???

• Advertisement

20 cent each for the pink envelopes from Mullinahone are they free with other suppliers? I ordered replacement tags too so postage is together. Replacement tags were free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭limo_100

if I do join the NGP can I choose to not tag some of the bull calves if I don't want to bother or do I have an obligation to genotype them all?

I'd say you have to do them all. Give them a ring , you'll have already paid the 4 euro to get them tested so might aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pure breed

If you have say 30 calves needed for SCEP but you calf down 45 for example..

The additional 15 tags (will be Genotyped) needed will be charged and paid for by the farmer..

Extra cost for farmer and money for supplier etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Sami23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I see that new applicants can join the programme in 2024.

ICBF has reopened applications for the National Genotyping Programme (NGP) for new herds. This will allow an additional one hundred thousand animals be genotyped in 2024. Herds joining the NGP in this year will be required to genotype all their breeding animals and any calves born until the programme concludes in December 2027. The programme is the first step in moving the national herd towards DNA calf registration. We are strongly encouraging all herds in the Suckler Carbon Efficiency Programme (SCEP) to sign up to NGP in order to avail of the many benefits.

From;

National Genotyping Programme - ICBF

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Advertisement