Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Parkside 20V 1000M2 robot mower review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

A question on the two zones and edge cutting,

I've one separate garden across the driveway, would I need run the bouncy wire across the drive or just install a separate boundy wire for that lawn. How does it know how to drive across the tarmac from one to the other?

I see on a you tube video it cuts nearly evenly on both sides of the boundy, so it looks like it should cut up close to the edge, does that sound correct, my lawn is higher than the kerbs so no fear of hitting them just worried about it falling off.

It's the 1000m2 I'm looking at. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I was going to ask similar.

I guess you need to guide it across with the boundary wire?

Otherwise you would have to physically place it in the other side every day or so.

Yea it's what I'm thinking as well, don't fancy taking a consaw to the driveway, small one wouldn't take too long with the push mower anyways might just keep it separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Through the magic of Google and YouTube, I found that the docking problem can be fixed/much improved by running the perimeter wire to the right of the channel in the docking station.

I've done this and the mower has now docked 5 times out of 6 tries without a problem. It corrected itself the sixth time with a second try at mounting.

Still think I'll return it if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mac25

The boundary wire needs to be a continuous loop to the base station. That means it needs to be run across the driveway. I would not recommend this as the mower could get hit by a car and the driveway would have to be level with the garden and ideally a smooth surface. You would need a second base station if you installed a separate loop on the other side of the driveway and you only get one in the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mcauleydjm

I haven't had a problem with docking but thanks for the heads up.

I did see someone had posted this on one of the fb pages, they could have had the same issue:

John

Yeah, it seems to be a relatively common issue. A non-Lidl reseller stopped selling this model due to problems.

This chap's solution seems quite neat:

I took the lower bumper off mine as mine too was stopping & changing direction too much after initial installation when it encountered a bump/ longer grass area. Now as my lawn is very bumpy, I was happy that I could mod the mower to get it to work.

I don't mind modifying/ removing pieces from at £270 mower - but what if I had spent £2k+ say on a Husqvarna, would I have had a similar clearance issue and have had to level the lawn first to get it cutting properly? Not sure tbh, perhaps the Husqvarna AWD would be better suited to my field type lawn.

I do plan on levelling out the lawn and will trial putting the bumper back on, or a modified version of it -so that obstacle detection works better with lower lying items.

As it stands, my PMRDA is maintaining ~1100msq very well - I'm happy with its performance (as long as it continues to do so) - however I never had another robot mower for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭MacDanger

My two local Lidls didn't seem to get any of these delivered at all

I was q'n at 7.45, they sold out straight away, only had 7 mowers and 2 garages. Few people disappointed in the Q.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

Maybe 30 of each in Wexford this morning, good Q but certainly a dozen of each left when the Q was sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Anyone have any idea what a Hardware Error (3) means? Got onto support yesterday but call just rang out. Going to return if I can't work it out as i am inside 60 day warranty but if it is just something like a blockage then I will give it a go unblocking.

Will this work, basically wherever you see a green circle is a mature tree jutting out in a curve, there's no kerbing around them just mulch, can I go curved with the ground wire like in the picture, the same around the patio.

The red is the edge where I intend to run the ground wire.

Mine lost its settings overnight so I'm returning it.

Yes, that will work. Just make sure you avoid 90 degree corners and go with 2 x 45 degree corners as the manual recommends. Make sure you lay the boundary wire the recommended distance from obstacles the mower could get stuck on.

Perfect thanks, does the mower mow down the middle of the wire or to one side?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Joost123

Please would you share the .STL of the screw? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LMK

The mower mows down the middle of the wire when doing an edge cut if you have setup secondary zones. Most of the time, the mower overshoots the boundary wire by 20-30cm before it detects it. It will then turn around and mow in a different direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

Thanks for the file. Could you recommend replacement blades for this model? Can order from Amazon but not sure which ones would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Joost123

Thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately the head is too small for the blades I have…

I don't know of a list of the Hardware Error numbers that appear on the LCD and their corresponding meaning.

Quite often I get the error appearing on the app, then by the time I go to sort it out the mower is powered off and I dont see the error. I had a few Motor Overcurrent errors on the app at the start of this season and I think this one appears as a hardware error on the LCD. Motor overcurrent issues are usually a build-up of grass.

But yes a list of the errors and what they mean would be a good resource to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gurabli

I just got one robot few days ago, it is the smaller version (no wifi), the PMRA 20-Li B2 version. It uses the same blades as the bigger Wifi B2 version. Are these blades a correct replacement for these, including the screw? And what do you think of the quality of the gold (titanium) balde from Ali?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Peteris

Greetings! First of all - thanks for the detailed instructions! Helped me to set up my robot more than included manual.

One thing I cannot figure out - mowing schedule and working hours.

I have set the schedule everyday 07:00-23:00

How many working hours should I set? I think it's 8 by default. Do I have to time how long does the robot work and how long does it charge and use it as a cycle and then calculate the cycles in my working schedule?

I would like it to work all the time from 7 till 23. Work - charge - work. Should I set working hours to 24?

I didn't find info about that in manual. It only says that the robot will return to base and stop working if work hour limit will be reached. But what happens if it doesn't reach hour limit in any given day? Will it stop working on 23:00 or will it carry on to reach the time limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marty76

After reading the initial review here (thanks btw - brilliant review!), I managed get the last one of these from my local Lidl. Sorry if similar questions have been asked before but before unboxing the mower, I want to check if it will work in my setting. I have 2 separate lawns both fairly small and the provided wire will be more than long enough to link them (down the side of the house) but the mower will not be able to move between the 2 areas. I would plan to create essentially 2 closed loops - but run parallel wires between them. So in reality one complete circuit but closed enough that the mower wouldn’t exit either lawn area. I’m assuming this is similar to what the initial reviewer did but without using a switch. Obviously I realise I will then have to lift the mower between areas, but will this work ok, or might moving the mower to a different area cause confusion or errors? I noticed the manual warns against crossing wires. I don’t exactly plan to cross them but they will be running together down the side of the house. Thanks.

I got two mowers with two base stations for the different sections of garden. The mower needs to follow the boundary wire to return to the base station to charge. It will end up getting blocked and chewing up the grass where it gets blocked as it tries to return for a charge.

One more question - it was raining yesterday and robot ran for the shelter. This morning it didn't start working. "Rain sensor active" was on display but the sensor was completely dry. I started it manually and it works just fine. Why didn't it start on schedule? Could it be some fault? Or do I have to always start it manually every time after the rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

When I set it up, the other day I set the schedule and let the working hours as default 8hrs.

The next morning it didn't start when scheduled....I then matched up the working hours to the schedule hours and it started fine the next morning......do t know if that was reason it didn't start or not...

Also taking off the bottom skirt was a game changer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

i got one of these today… can anyone tell me if they are suppose to cut randomly around the lawn or should they cut in straight lines boundry to boundry

• Advertisement

Totally randomly

Advertisement