Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to fix a spring-loaded tv stand

• 07-08-2023 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭

The mechanism works by pressing the threaded bar attached to the box section in the attached pictures down and it should come up.

The TV is mounted on a frame which fits over the threaded bar so you can press down on the TV

The unpainted metal lug in the left in first picture acts as the stop when u press down on the threaded bar

Its fixed to the inner box section so unless the unit opens cant get at it

Next picture shows the bottom and the other two show two screws on each side about mid way down

Worked fine for a while and how now stopped.

Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

So got it to extend by pressing it down using cramps, so its now fully extended.

Tried to unscrew the bottom bolt, picture two, the allen key broke!

Any thoughts on how to release it, other than drill it out

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

More leverage, get stronger, longer allen keys and if needs be use an extension bar with a deep socket over the end of the allen key to get more leverage. An impact driver would probably shift it too. I'd drill it as a last resort.

Advertisement