Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you hate people saying

1575859606163»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Just lean over and look at this image in the skirting board would ye …??? 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The shortest verse in the Bible is “Jesus wept.” John 11:35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

"Πάντοτε χαίρετε" (meaning 'Rejoice always', 1 Thessalonians 5:16) is the shortest proper sentence in the original Greek New Testament, two characters shorter than the long-winded "ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς" ('Jesus wept'). 😀 14 characters versus 16.

There is a shorter one, but there's no verb so is it a sentence? Maybe. "καὶ ὁ δεύτερος" ('And a second.' Luke 20:30)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭moonage

When Northern Ireland is referred to as the North of Ireland.

When the president of the USA is referred to as the leader of the free world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭waynescales1

When people use "meh" as an adjective.

"How was the film?

Ah, it was pretty meh."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭John arse

Winner winner chicken dinner!😤

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Grand soft day

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

almost a thing of the past I hope but the penchant for calling older people by their surname that was or, on occasions still is a thing.

“ hello Mrs Kelly, looks like rain “

The fúck is wrong with “hello Marion, looks like rain” ? If you know the person’s first name.. just call them by it… the fûck will I want anyone referring to me as Mr. Strumms…. Barring a judge of course.

I know older generations saw it as a kind of respect thing, especially my grandparents on their road, everyone was hi Mr & Mrs R….but I think we are a generation or two on from that silliness….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

People saying Tescos, instead of just Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Tesco's. Every little apostrophe helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

"The cold snap" always sounded odd to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

When I buy a piece of ham at the grocers now, not only is it cured, it has to be curated.

Curated: another buzzword grafted onto commonplace objects for extra value, out of context. Vintage is another one of those nonsensical terms lifted out of context in the lexicon of marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

I hate when someone says "I was gutted", a fish or chicken gets gutted,you are just feeling disappointed or sorry for yourself.No comparison to having your entrails removed.

Advertisement