Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cat fished my ex

Options
  • 07-08-2023 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Not proud of what I have to say but I had an email notification from an old dating app profile I forgot about . Logged in and I had removed the photo but I had a snoop and my ex of s some time ago popped up as a new user . He likes my profile and I’m ashamed of myself but I got sucked in and spoke to him . In fairness he was talking to someone with no profile pic but he was looking for unprotected one night stand .

he was quite dirty and perverted and not interested at all in what the person looked liked he wa basically just looking for the ride . I couldn’t help myself it was a complete coincidence he had literally just set up the profile although he has accounts on other apps .

the thing is I was speaking to him recently enough and he told me he hasn’t been with anyone just went on a couple of dates but told “ me “ on the profile “ he has unprotected sex with stranger . The reason he said is because he was 100 percent adamant about not using protection and asked “ me “ when I had sex last .

m the worst thing is he spoke about me and said I was a crazy ex when he asked me about my relationship status he asked me .

m I told him I’m not ok with unprotected sex with strangers and it’s not nice to label exes as crazy .

fml this was a complete bad coincidence and now I know he’s thinks im crazy .

I can’t confront him on this but thing is he asked me to meet recently enough / few months ago and I said no .

now I also know he was lying to me . I deleted the profile but how embarrassing to be spoken to like that about me 😬

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

OP - It's unclear whether or not you are looking for advice. Can you clarify please?

If it's a discussion, I can move the thread to a more suitable forum.

Thanks

Hilda

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

To be honest. You should neither be happy or proud of yourself.

Especially using the term catfish. Very personal issue for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Justasimplestory

Maybe move to appropriate forum thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I mean he could be just living out a fantasy in his head, he could have been lying to your face, he could have been lying to your fake profile.

Either way who cares? He is an ex - you need to move on

Im not proud of myself I admit it was wrong but he was messaging someone with no profile and looking for sex 😬😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

And that's why we don't talk to exes.

Better to remember the good times and let time erase the bad. But we don't talk to them.

true just kinda shocked at the whole thing . Best let sleeping dogs lie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Moved to The Ladies Lounge as the thread is for discussion rather than advice.

Local charter now applies.

Hilda

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

You were wrong. Whatever they did and you're taking joy in it. Look at yourself. It's an ex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

Whatever about casual sex when you match someone you fancy, I get the merits of that. But if he's looking for sex with some random faceless person, I'd be mainly embarrassed I was ever associated with someone that pathetic.

Yes I’m not proud of this or taking any joy in this whatsoever. There s no joy to be got in this . It was an accident . Ok maybe we should close the thread . I’m just shocked at what I heard .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Have you ever heard the saying "those who eavesdrop never hear good of themselves? The same applies here.

So he thinks you're a crazy ex. Honestly, cat-fishing him on a dating / hook-up app does sound slightly crazy and if you confront him over it, you'll be proving him right!

I don't understand what you're looking for really. Its none of your business what he does / who he talks to online, and he was being honest about what he was looking for, in advance.

Leave him be.

Yes I agree 100 percent. Can we close this thread please ?

And I wasn’t cat fishing him he happened to like an inactive profile . I had removed my picture but forgot to Delete it . He obviously sent generic messages to all women on the app . Kinda sleazy stuff anyway . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

You literally used the term in the title of this discussion!

While it may not have been set up deliberately, you chose to respond to his messages and engage with him online while pretending to be someone you're not.

You're not covering yourself in glory here. Let it go.

Mod - Closed at request of OP.

Hilda

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement