Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2023 RWC Buildup, Squads, Fixtures 'etc'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Two kicks to win missed, amazing finale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Tileman

Ah dear what a match. Both teams has a chance to win it but shows what pressure does. Very enjoyable match though. One of the better ones in this wc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Some drama, I don't watch much rugby but that was seriously entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,742 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Very enjoyable.

Brainfart by the 22 in a game they should have won.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What a match and what a finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭typhoony

Great game and very good commentary from Ryle Nugent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Gutted for Portugal.

but bravo to both….. excellent game..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yet another match I had to miss the second half for, and find myself gutted over missing some entertainment. Some game obviously, and delighted for Portugal getting something from this WC; winning this would have been earned so shame their nerve didn't quite hold. They put it up to Wales too, so fair dues all round. Their next game is next Sunday so they should recover for Australi; even if they won't win they'll hopefully stay competitive for long enough.

As for Georgia, no idea what to make of them these days. Real Tier 1.5 stuff. Like I said where they anywhere else in Europe they'd probably be in the 6 nations by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

I got so invested in that match. Quite drained now.

So disappointed for Portugal. I just hope this grandstands what teams can do outside tier 1. Lots of great and exciting play with a lot of talent there.

I'd say there maybe a few clubs knocking for some of these players.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

Fantastic game. Just have to try stay awake watching England next and then the big one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

A draw is a good result as both teams have points on the board. If Australia beat Wales, this group will look reasonably respectable which would be a positive for the tournament.

Would be great if both these teams got BPs from Fiji, maybe a LBP for Georgia and a try BP for Portugal in an all out attack, run it from anywhere try-fest. Ordinarily I'd like to see one of these teams beat Fiji but in this case I want Fiji to progress at the expense of Wales/Australia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I’ve taken the conscious decision to not watch the England game…

I dislike watching them play at the best of times anyway (unless against Ireland), So I’ll give this game a wide berth…. Want to be fresh for later…

My brother just sent me a photo of the Stade de France taken from his hotel room… lucky buggers….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭boetstark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,845 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My heart wouldn't be able if that was the ending to a knockout game

'Sexton penalty to put us into a semi final'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,742 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shout out for the commentary too.

Plain that they both love good rugby and were excited by both teams.

Nugent pitched his effort perfectly for a wee classic of the RWC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Wailin

Love the complete blanking of Scotland, like they don't have a chance! Ireland lose tonight and the Scots will be out for blood.

3\7 is a great record, the best record. SA rarely under perform in WCs. Even after the 2015 Japan loss they gave NZ a great game in the semi, only losing by 2 points. Huge respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Peterx

That Georgia v Portugal match was the reason for 20 in the world cup. Every team in the group has at least one good chance of a win. Still not sure about the 24 team WC though. The Tier 1 teams against a team that Portugal/Georgia would hammer.........

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

What was Arundell at there making contact after the ball was grounded? Seemed totally unnecessary.

Awful from Smith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

You'd wonder sometimes how Smith keeps getting call ups.

Chile's continuity could actually cause England problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Chile props chucking better passes than Marcus smith

Magnificent 50 22

X2

Pass to Daly was well forward there, I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Feel sorry for Portugal, penalty try for the high tackle on their first try would have made the difference.

Lots of dodgy rolls being attempted by England at rucks. It's Peyper so someone is going to have to lose a knee before he does anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

ITV commentary is it usual disgraceful stuff. Really downplaying what Chile were doing for 20 mins

Lost bind there in the scrum, England lucky not to give away a penalty.

• Advertisement

There's a dismissive arrogance to it. You'd swear England were on fire at the moment the way they talk down opponents.

Advertisement