Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2023 RWC Buildup, Squads, Fixtures 'etc'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,792 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Kinda turned his head into it. Yellow only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Jacovs

**** me.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CptMonkey

He was bent at the waist so only a yellow for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭ersatz

Wow. Puts everything else we’ve seen so far in the shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I fear it will be a red when if it was France it would be a yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭supernova5

must be up there as one of the greatest 40 minutes of rugby union games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I think he is in trouble here, Antonio is a tall man and he still hit him high, with force and I don't see a change of direction from Antonio. I think it could be red.

South Africa playing like they always do, low percentage rugby. Kick the ball and play from the chaos. Try from a turnover. That run from the 22 was because there was penalty advantage, not because they are adventurous. Low risk rugby, a bit like a Mourinho masterclass in that Champions League semi, but France is not standing back. Will be interesting to see how the forwards go without a front 5 coming on. Now you have a lightweight hooker and only one lock from the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,219 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

What a half! But feel in reality that France were far more dangerous.

Etzebeth surely just a yellow, he was going lower which should be enough mitigation I think. It would be horrible if a game like this was decided by a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Blackheath

This game is unreal compared to the game earlier today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

I did think the Ireland v NZL game was one of if not the best QF's of all time but the first half while great was still a bit messy as both sides were definetly feeling the nerves while the 2nd it exploded into life. The first half tonight definitely beat the first half of yesterday, hopefully the 2nd half lives up to the 2nd half from yesterday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

To be fair it's a step up on even our game last night. That was an incredible 40 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭almostover

Dónal Linehan is worse, seems to not even know the rules. Seemed to question the French player who brilliantly fielded a kick in touch but landed in play, denying SA the lineout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

This game is at a complete other level altogether.

Im really not sure IRELAND could reach this level .. the intensity, the speed, the pace. Can they both keep this up?

TBH - Im witnessing Rugby like I have never ever seen before.

England will get mangled by either of these IF the same intensity, speed etc applied at the semi. Only thing is though ... England could be lucky again. Who ever they face of the two will be knackered, with only a week to recover :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Rules? What person here could honestly say that they knew you could restart with a scrum from a mark......

With a game like this Ryan Tubridy could be commentating and I wouldn't notice. I can't understand all the constant moaning about peripherals.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

I think there's a lot of hyperbole going on. It's been frantic and amazingly entertaining stuff, but mistakes and poor defense galore too.

Don't think SA are as good as they were against us, but they've ruthlessly taken advantage of some sloppiness from France.

Cracking game, but saying this is another level to last night nonsense imo. More tries doesn't mean another level...

Reckon France cut out the errors and SA will find it much harder in the second half.

Dupont clearly minding himself at times too...terrified for him every time he's near contact, tbh.

I'd say the second half will be good but has to slow a bit. 80min like this would be unreal.

SA will definitely try and slow it and use up the 10min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

A mark is just a free kick right? So you can take a scrum. Seriously balls move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone else really deflated that we have no Ireland semi final to look forward to next week? Maybe it’s the brilliance and atmosphere in this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kaiserkel

glad to see no red for match sake, but they searched hard for mitigation i think. Antonio moved away from ezebeth, and still got hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,945 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not really a rugby officiendo, but that was best 40min of rugby I've ever watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,792 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SA kicking away possession seems a brainfart

SA are going to see out the 10min it seems without conceding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Referee not refereeing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,244 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm just thinking, the soccer world cup final last winter was France v Argentina. Still possible it could be the Rugby World Cup final as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Ben not a big believer in the offside thing

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CptMonkey

Ya he doesn't seem to care about it. Called a double movement in the tackle tho which was called against nz at any stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

England the big winners here, this game is being placed at some pace.

Advertisement