Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosmos not flowering

Options
  • 08-08-2023 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Planted cosmos from seeds, was a bit late, think early May. They're flying u especially on the last month with all the rain but no sign of any buds..they're west facing. Is there still hope? Should I be feeding weekly? They're in the ground

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭notAMember

Probably lack of sunshine. Leave them be, cosmos still flower into november sometimes in mild areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭blackbox

My cosmos are very late this year. Hardly any have a flower yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Bellie1

Great . thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I pinched out half of my cosmos this year and those ones are looking much bushier with lots of flower buds. Some have started to flower.

I never feed them because they prefer poorer soils.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Bellie1

Oh wasn't sure re whether liked poor or rich soil. Won't feed any longer so and cross fingers that get some buds soon. Also pinched and they're bushy but had only one tiny flower a few weeks ago and no other buds since. Ah well, the excitement of the will they/won't they is keeping me going !

• Advertisement
Advertisement