Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining a solicitor

Options
  • 08-08-2023 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Finding it exceptionally difficult to obtain a solicitor to complete work regarding probate matters. The matter is complicated, but can be done. The problem is solicitors do not want to go against each other. If you have any legal knowledge whatsoever you are immediately regarded with suspicion. I completed probate in the estate of my late father and administered to the land myself, which has them completely flummoxed. The original solicitor (who was my late father's) I think is putting other solicitors off as I had to take him to task over holding on to money and I think they keep reverting back to him to confirm matters, hence I am to be avoided at all costs. I have approached a few solicitors to complete an issue as I am a legal impasse, but they look at matters and then refuse to go any further, even though there is no problem in completing matters. I don't want to have to keep going to one solicitor after another, it's extremely stressful, but not surprising as I'm not part of the big boys club and have no legal connections. I haven't approached the Law society, is there any point as they most probably all stick together, it feels like a Samson and Goliath task. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Post edited by Beasty on

Advertisement