Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

152nd Open Ticket Ballot

Options
  • 08-08-2023 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I've been selected for tickets for the Open in Royal Troon next year.General admission tickets.Anyone been there before? This would be my first time to visit a tournament.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Was in hoylake this year, very easy to get to from Liverpool was the main attraction. Think Glasgow / Edinburgh airport are both options for Troon. It's great to see the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I won tickets in the ballot for Troon as well. Was at Hoylake this year, Portrush in 2019, Carnoustie in 2018 and Lytham in 2012. For Carnoustie we took a road trip, taking the car on the Larne to Cairnryan ferry across, and drove up. We actually stopped for lunch in Troon which is about 2 hours I think from Cairnryan, so we might take the car/ferry again for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I was pulled in the ballot aswell - 2 tickets for the Wednesday and 2 for the Thursday.

Have since got tickets for something else too close to it so these are available if someone wants to take them before the deadline of the 17th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭redhill

Ferry a good option ok, not even 2 hours from Cairnryan, I’d say about 1hr 15, we’ve done a people carrier on ferry over to play Turnberry a couple of times, works out well, it’s only 45-50 mins up the road, it’s a bit below Ayr and then Troon is a wee bit after Ayr, you could easily stay in Ayr and travel to Troon but book early as prices going up

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Still thinking about it. Bringing my 9 year old if we go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 PinkyShort

Hey folks! Got a few pairs in the ballot for Tuesday/Wednesday of anyone wants me to pull the trigger on them, just let me know before Wednesday

Advertisement