Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

passenger number query

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Is there anyway to find out the number of passengers that took off on a specific flight? (Dublin-Cleveland 31/07/23 EIN87?Airbus A321neo  

Scheduled departure = 15:30 

Actual departure = 15:58 

I feel I was bumped off a flight

Post edited by Irish Steve on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

No there is not, it would be sensitive commercial information belonging to EI.

You would have been told you were bumped off, were you at the gate or check-in when you were informed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I’m not talking passenger names or anything, Have a vague idea that each aircraft had to log number of soles on board.

Not bumped in the traditional sense. Online check in the night before wasn’t working. Got to airport at 12:10 for a flight at 3:30. It was crazy, things didn’t appear to be working properly, forcing most to the traditional checkin. When I tried the bag drop I got this message.

I asked the attendant she hadn’t a clue she said I needed to join the queue, which was huge. 2.5 hours later I was still queuing.

At this point people were starting to panic, express desk was calling out flights getting close to departure. At 14:00 they called mine. But the lady at checkin said there wasn’t an ESTA assigned to my passport, despite mine being printed, used 5 times already since 2022, had 8 months left and showing as valid on the site when I checked two days prior. She went to get a supervisor, but she was too busy. Then said I can’t check you in and you need to contact ESTA.

I stood to one side and called up the ESTA Helpdesk, 25 min later of holding I got speaking to someone, they checked my details and said my ESTA was vaild no issue from their side, also said the airlines have a direct hotline should they need it.

So went back to the “supervisor” after several key clicks said she could see it now, but I was too late to get the flight grr. (Even more upset to see take off was delayed)

I know the flight was fully booked, I’d really love to see if there was 184 or 183 onboard.

EI normally a pleasure to deal with, I go out of my way most times to use them, but this experience really put me off. Had taken a team of 8 off the road in the USA for several days, hotels etc all this wasted! Was also due to have a job interview, embarrassing call to make there!

Still no resolution wasn’t able to arrange an alternative, wasn’t able to refund, wasn’t even able to cancel my home leg, basically f$$k off. (Turned into a rant sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Paul2019

Nothing that you said there surprises me, except perhaps ... "EI normally a pleasure to deal with".

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭melchior1951

You were denied boarding the airline. All of these problems were caused by Aer Lingus. They are also responsible to have enough staff so everyone can check in before their flight if they arrive in time at the airport (which you did).

So you would be entitled to compensation according to EU legislation: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel-and-recreation/air-travel/compensation-for-overbooked-and-delayed-flights/

If they deny finding an alternative flight for you, get that in writing, book your own flights and claim the money after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

That sounds more like they were having IT problems, if others were having the same issue and there were huge queues to speak to a human. Maybe it was just their link to the ESTA system that was down? It doesn't sound like you were "bumped" as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭melchior1951

It doesn't really matter if Aer Lingus had IT problems, staffing problems or whatever. OP was denied boarding and has rights to alternative transport and compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

I agree. Asking them for details from the manifest is a waste of time though. Was just speculating that if the problem was their link to the ESTA system, it would only have affected non US residents? There doesn't seem to be anything in the media about IT issues on that date.

Advertisement