Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harassment- Kids Playing and Parents abusive behavior

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 marauxsal

Thank you all genuinely for understanding my situation and adding your thoughts. You work hard to build your life and buy a house worth a fortune with a hope of having decent neighbors but I was proven completely wrong this time. We were so unfortunate this time. The stress is real and I haven’t slept properly in three months. We cannot keep our windows open which is terrible and the house is facing beautiful landscape main reason for buying the house in the first place.

The green area in the front is not even a pitch or a ground it is a tiny patch for aesthetic purposes never thought in a million years this small space would invite trouble but thank you all. I am not going anywhere and manage the situation thank you all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Escalating and 'standing up for yourself' is all well and good in certain circumstances but in property/home type situations you've to be very very careful.

You live beside your neighbours, they're not going anywhere. If you want to continue living there, you need to come to some sort of amicable side by side living situation. Escalating things, especially when it comes to people's children can really lead to very bad blood between neighbours and an unpleasant experience all around (which seems to be what the OP is now facing after the situation has escalated)

For example, if you accuse your neighbour of stalking to the Gardai, your relationship with them is going to be soured beyond belief. You then need to live beside a person you've reported to the Gardai for stalking, a person who will be very unhappy with this, for years - potentially decades. Long after those kids with the annoying ball aren't kids anymore.

Advertisement