Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anywhere to fill a 1000L tank fast ?

• 09-08-2023 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

hi folks is there anywhere in or around Dublin that I can pull up and fill a 1000 litre ibc tank fast as I don't want to spend ages filling the tank with a standard mains supply from the house any input appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Fill with what? Posted in Business and tagged competition, android et Al.

I'm confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I presume since the OP mentioned a standard mains supply they mean water. Not sure I'd want to see them trying to fill a tank with electricity or gas (or both 🔥)

OP I think you might be out of luck, basically every tap has a pressure reducing valve to stop people getting turned into paste when they turn the water on

Since you didn't specify what condition the water has to be in, you could try using a pressure washer in a car wash to fill it faster? A lot of them might add wax or soap, so might not be an option

If you want drinking water then your only option is probably a domestic tap and a long wait. Pressure is usually better at night so will likely fill faster overnight

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭Madd002

A council yard...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Alkers

You need a fire hydrant...

You could ask at a fire station, or you could contact your council water dept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

could you set up a second ibc and fill it with a ball cock while your not there and then pump or gravity feed your main tank .

• Advertisement
Advertisement