Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google took my money

Options
  • 10-08-2023 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Transaction showed up on my credit card for 60 euro from Google Play. When I checked my history there are no transactions or subscriptions. I had not bought anything from Google Play or any Google site. I then queried this transaction with Google requesting a refund or information on the transaction in case this purchase was accidentally made by someone where I had previously used my card to purchase them a gift ( my card may have defaulted to their payment method , they told me they had bought nothing) So far I have opened 5 requests for info or refund and only reply I received was that they did not see any fraudulent activity. I also opened 3 support requests which were escalated but still no reply. It has now been nearly 2 months and I still don't even know what I am supposed to have bought. Anybody else have issues like this or any ideas how to resolve this issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭zg3409

Contact your credit card company or bank and dispute the transaction. It may not have been even google who processed the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grumpygit

Thanks zg3409 but already done that. Bank told me that I could not use charge back facility as payment had gone through ( I had already cleared my credit card bill) or I hadn't queried the transaction before I paid, or something along those lines. Have instructed the bank to block all Google transactions from my card

GOOGLE*GOOGLE PLAY APP G.CO/HELPPAY# IR 59. that is everything I know about the transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Looks as though you may have paid someone elses bill, perhaps a family member. See here

You are possibly right muffler but there seems to be no way I can get info on what or whose account my credit card was used on, seems crazy, could have even been an annual subscription someone accidentally signed up to last year. I am left with 60 euro taken from my account and no clue why. If I knew the account the charge was taken from I could deal with the issue, it was my credit card used so would imagine I should be entitled to info on purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

That's not correct, You can dispute any transaction. Tell them it is a fradulent transaction. They might come back with proof it is yours.

Will query the bank again. Can't remember exactly why they couldn't refund me or block the transaction. They did give me a transaction ID and I think what was called an app ID which I passed onto google.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just be careful OP as I’ve heard of Google closing accounts when people do charge backs. Just something to be mindful if this is an account you use for Gmail, Photos, YouTube, etc.

Advertisement