Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on running supply from meter box to consumer unit (new build)

• 10-08-2023 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi, I am just wondering how the supply from the meter box is normally routed into the house in a new build. Wiring has started on the house last week and I have been scratching my head a bit on how the electrical is planning on getting the cable out - mostly around airtightness concerns.

The electrician plans to bore a hole into the cavity above ceiling heigh and another below it at meter box height so he can feed the cable down the cavity and then push it into the meter box from the lower hole. The lower hole doesn't concern me as its easily refilled and then plastered over but the airtightness plastering has already been done above the ceilings so I am wondering how difficult it will be to seal around this again?

Post edited by SodiumCooled on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

It used to be be done like that, but doesn’t sound ideal.

I saw a housing estate recently where they ran the same 50mm red ESB ducting from the meter cabinet to the ceiling void at build stage and filled the end with fire stopping style putty after the cable was installed.

Advertisement