Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value B+B in London

• 10-08-2023 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of bringing my 7 year old daughter to London for some sight seeing and a West End Show but accomodation seems very pricey.

Does anyone have any tips or know of good value B+Bs over there.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,213 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

London is a busy city, always stay in a Travelodge. There is one near Liverpool Street which is quite good and cheap.

It is pricy though, just looked it up £276 for a weekend in mid-September.

That is dearer than I remember.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Have a look at the link. I haven't looked through it but it might give you a starting point. Sites like booking .com or suchlike can also be helpful in narrowing down a search.

Stay a bit further out than the West End itself but on a tube line, and that should work out a bit cheaper as central London is expensive. The Premier Inn chain has hubs (as well as hotels) which might be worth a look. I haven't stayed in the hubs but I understand that they are a bit cheaper.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭tjc28

thanks for the link. I lived in London twenty years ago so travelling around by tube is no problem to me. It's a shame all the people I knew from back then aged and moved out of London.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

Try premier inn in not as good areas. Tottenham Hale premier inn is cheap and right beside tube and 20 minutes to west end on tube. Clean and basic. Nothing around it but hop straight in tube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭tjc28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

I was going to suggest Tottenham Hale as I used to live near Blackhorse Road years ago. Tottenham Hale is also handy for Stansted Airport train.

Croydon is also another area to look at too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

you can get really cheap rooms in London on a Sunday night in Travelodge's even the central ones or the ones in Southwark or Waterloo , so if you are flexible on your travel dates take in a Sunday and it will drive down the average price of your hotel nights

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

Wouldn’t bother with the premier inn breakfast - get room only rates. There’s both a Tesco and Asda express by station (not the nearest exit for hotel) and an industrial park with a greggs, Burger King, boots, lidl across the road so you could definitely pick up fruit, pastry, yogurt - continental type breakfast for cheaper.

Advertisement