Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live for couple with young family in Meath?

Options
  • 10-08-2023 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

Myself and my wife would love to buy in the Castleknock area but houses are just too expensive for what you get. We've been looking at houses in Trim, Dunboyne, Ratoath, Dunshaughlin, and Ashbourne.

We've liked all areas ( a little disappointed with how Ratoath town didn't seem the nicest...particularly compared to trim). We are teachers so access to the city is not the most important..we'd be hopeful of working elsewhere.

We are mainly concerned about the people, sense of community, services, anti-social behaviour. If anyone has any contributions to make about these locations with regards to these topics they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Anything around Kilmessan that would suit a nice village but still near enough to bigger towns or Dublin .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

I would avoid Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Redrye

Why? I have to say, we looked at a house in Churchfield in Ashbourne and it seemed ideal...lots of young families, green spaces, Gaa club and shops nearby. Interested to find out why you'd recommend avoiding...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

The town is riddled with anti social behaviour. Have a look at some Facebook community groups. I lived there for 4 years, the handiness of having shops and supermarkets nearby wears off very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭Xander10

Id go Dunboyne first . Still a bit of a village vibe and transport options to Dublin reasonable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement