Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County council and hybrid

• 11-08-2023 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello

I have been applying for a few jobs recently. I want the best of all worlds and would like to work hybrid eventually if possible.

Apart from applying in the private sector i’ve applied to a couple of the public sector ones.(I’m waaaaaaaay down the list of the permanent ones!! And late 20s on the temporary panel)

I also applied to our local county council and got on their top ten but even still I know it’s a long time waiting from.. congrats you are on our list.. to actually getting a job..

I’ve heard the council is nice enough to work for and have different perks but the one I haven’t heard is the one I want the most, hybrid!

Anyone work as a Clerical Officer in a county council? Could you tell me?

Thank you. 🙂

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭FluffPiece

Depends on which Council and which Department you end up in tbh. Each Council implements it's own rules to suit so some have different flexi arrangements etc. If you end up in a public facing role, it's likely to have less remote days than just a supporting department.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 berniegirl

Thank you for replying. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Mr lebowski

I know our local council has 1 day WFH is all. Also I know their last CO panel was at number 40 last I heard so doesn't seem like you will have too long to wait if that is the case.

Advertisement