Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athgarvan Newbridge nice place to live or not?

Options
  • 12-08-2023 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello all,

My wife and I are currently looking at houses in Athgarvan Newbridge.

Any inputs on the area in terms of safety, schools, crèches, nice place to raise a family etc., would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

Hi,

I assume you're talking about Athgarvan and Newbridge? Athgarvan is a small village 5 minutes from Newbridge, depending on the age of your kids there is a local primary school but for secondary school you will have to look at a school in Newbridge or Kilcullen. Admission to most primary schools in the Newbridge area is done via the Parish Office in Newbridge. School places can be difficult to obtain as there is a lot of new houses in the area, similarly you have very little chance of getting a GP. There are lots of creches in Newbridge, Kilcullen and Athgarvan so that won't be an issue. Both Newbridge and Athgarvan are like any small town or village in Ireland. This information was what we found out when my sister moved to Newbridge in October 2022 so it may have changed.

Advertisement