Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW2 Transfer Theead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He's on the bench tonight so must be relatively fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I see Estupian rose, I don't get it.

They were 17th in the league for goals conceded after DeZerbie came in last year and have lost Casiedo and MacAlister from that team. Yes hes attacking but no good if you can't keep a clean sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Kinda happy to read someone say this and remind me why I didn’t start with him.

I have Gabriel and I was tempted to use my FT before the Estupinan price rise but I resisted.

I hope this isn’t a repeat of me not getting Rashford in January, last season, because I thought he couldn’t keep it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

People jumping on the bandwagon making him rise. high ownership = FOMO.

Pro's for Estupinan:

only 5.0 so cheap in a team that many predicting to finish top 8

playing in an attacking team, last 10 games of last season he was 1st in defenders for penalty area touches & shots in the box

already had 2 big chances v Luton and 37 touches in the final third

he's as nailed as they get and have good fixtures in the next 6 for CS or attacking potential - wol, WHU, NEW, mun, BOU, avi.

Brighton may have lost Caicedo and MacAllister but it's Brighton, they seem to respawn young class players all the time so maybe not much of a worry.

There's not many other options - City too much of a rotational risk, Saliba the only nailed at Arsenal, Man United look shaky, uncertainty at Liverpool and/or too expensive, many will already have Chilwell/James, Villa looked shaky, Newcastle maybe an option but fixtures on paper not great - Trippier the best option but expensive.

Only 5.0 so easy to jump off or bench if Brighton look off it

Con's:

they could concede like they did the weekend but Estupinan returned with assist and all 3 bonus

fixtures against Newcastle, Man United, Liverpool - Brighton tbf were able to hold their own last year. They're an exciting team to watch and as shown at the weekend, more than capable of getting attacking returns.

Any advice on who to transfer in and out? (0.5 ITB)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I am not following things enough to give advice on transfers but you would need to show the full squad to get an informed answer.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Done the following

Richarlison to Diaby leaving me with 1 million in bank. I'll probably get Chilwell in next week or a 3rd striker. Have archer at the moment at 4.5 million but he won't play.

Diaby has a decent run of fixtures and he was a regular scorer at Bayer Leverkusen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looks like Reece James has a new injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭shmeee

As said in rate my team thread, this injury is 2 weeks too early... 😂

Hopefully his price holds overnight and then have 2FT's so work something if the news is long term. He was getting close to a rise soon too so that will help hold it. Some load of owners moved from Stones to James this GW and now this news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

That's a poor move IMO, Richarlison is up front for a top 8 team, all that's changed since you decided to bring him in is that he played against a team that stuffed the defence and double marked him.

United won't be doing that, there'll be a lot more space

• Advertisement

Could be a terrible move. Time will tell. Diaby has a decent run of fixtures so I'm basing the change on that. The 1 million in the bank will also allow me to make changes next week such as bringing in Chilwell if he starts to click.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm seriously thinking of getting diaz in for rashford despite having mac already

They'll hardly score 9 again but could manage 4/5

salah blanking despite 9 goals was the freak result of a lifetime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

My week one was so bad I'm actually debating a wildcard. Seeing lads with double my score already is depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Don’t rush a WC just because of your current score. You only need to gain a point a week to make up a 37 point deficit at this stage. In all honesty one good Captain choice will catch you up.

Unless you have James, Stones, KDB and 4 or 5 other problem players, I’d be holding. Players who scored well last week could do nothing this week, and vice versa.

TLDR: it’s way too early to WC

gabriel saliba onana shaw my defence not liking it this week rest is Ederson who I'm starting Estu and Mings

settling on gabriel who'll hopefully start with estu and saliba cannot see a utd clean sheet this week think Arsenal will do very well to get one also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Onana or Turner for keeper this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Turner for me as I’ve two attacking players in the Utd game. Turner as home to Sheffield Utd is a good as it gets for a Forest CS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

I need to offload James and have nothing in the bank. Debating over Varane or Disasi.

Please help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Any bruno owners jumping ship, who to!? Thinking maddison/foden/martenelli

Post edited by rekluse on

• Advertisement

Too early to kneejerk. United were poor and Rashford/Bruno didn't inspire much confidence attacking wise.

Tomorrow's game should be quite open so would expect there to be goals from both sides. Bruno should be at the heart of it for United and he'll be on pens.

Agreed. I'll be holding onto both for now and see how this GW goes. Both players will be solid point earners this season regardless of poor GW's here and there.

Going to roll and watch weekends action before making a move with James, he's only after moving into the red now so price drop may be a few days out giving his big transfers in this GW. Henry looks like a good option with nice fixtures also. But swap to Chilwell seems obvious (have 0.5 ITB).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is Gusto too much of a risk? Would free up 1.5 extra on top of your 0.5.

Leaving it a week is a good option though as you will see who plays, and the fixtures turn for some teams in GW3.

With Gusto, it's really about what formation Chelsea play in defence. Don't want to take a risk with Gusto prior to seeing him start and what way Chelsea line up James-less this early in season when I want to use FT's wisely. He's a bargain if starts, plays well and James is out for 4 GW's+.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

What are people doing with Gabriel? I know Timber is out but Gabriel didn't replace him in week one.

keeping him for this week

cannot see Shaw keeping a cleanie so I've no choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Mings out for Diop was my transfer this week.

I'm sticking with him and starting him this GW as of now. James is the main worry if doing any FT prior to deadline. Latest on James from press conference seems he will be out for weeks, not months. Still with Chelsea nice fixture run obvious just to go to Chilwell now and get it done with.

Pochettino on Reece James's potential return: "It is not a few days, it is a few weeks. The good thing is it is not a big issue."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Heiser

Where do you see that a player's price is about to rise or drop? New to FF this year

Advertisement