Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann claims process for damage to car

Options
  • 13-08-2023 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, does anyone know the process for managing car repairs as a result of an incident with a Bus Eireann bus, when it's their fault?

Short version, bus taking a turn misjudged it, caught our (stationary) car. Not a big incident but will need some relatively significant repairs. Guards came, driver admitted liability

We've contacted our insurance, they made a note but told us to deal with BE

Contacted BE and they gave us contact details of who to speak to. As of yet (two working days) we've not been able to get a reply

Obviously we'll keep trying, and I'm sure we'll get them this week, but I was just curious in advance about how they handled these sort of things. We know they're insurance exempt, so they'll be looking after it. Will they just tell us to sort it and send quotes and/or invoices? Or will they want to take our car and deal with it on their terms? Are they easy to deal with, basically?

If anyone's been here before it would be great to hear how you got on

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Quiet part of the forum 😋

Just in case anyone stumbles across this in the future, our experience was actually really good

BE asked is to get a quote and email it to them. They sent an independent assessor to verify the work needed. They then paid us directly, pretty quickly, and we sorted everything with the garage ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

thank god, had a little tip last year from a waste company, they put up a little bit of a fight, minor damage, but still cost almost a grand, probably wouldnt have normally bothered, damage was almost invisible, but their resistances just caused me to persist, job done now....some companies just dont give a sh1t......

Advertisement