Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Layaway / Equaliser for home heating oil.

Options
  • 14-08-2023 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi,

Every month, I have a standing order set up to transfer money to my home heating oil supplier. Whenever I need more oil, I simply give them a call and they deduct the payment from my account. This helps me manage the cost of the oil effectively.

Lately, I've had difficulties in dealing with them, and as a result, I am considering switching to another supplier. Currently, I have approximately €900 in the account.

I would like to know if there are any possible reasons they may refuse to refund the money. Are they likely to charge a handling fee or any other additional charges? I want to be well-informed so that I can be prepared if they attempt anything of that sort.

Thank you.

Advertisement