Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with BOI app

Options
  • 15-08-2023 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

is there something going on with the mobile app? I’m unable to sign in for several hours. All I get is a server error or internet connection. But I do have internet or even WiFi available and working normal everywhere else.

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Please be assured we are working to rectify this as soon as possible for our customers, and we apologise for any inconvenience. Thanks, Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

An ould tweet or something to let customers know it's down wouldn't go astray !

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us.

Our Twitter team have posted a tweet regarding this outage at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks, Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

all these outages and app problems recently and yet you charge a fee every single month...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yes app still down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

Boi app is dirt, I've lost count of the amount of times the online verification has let me down on cc transactions, going to dump them soon, customer of over 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

It’s in the stone age even compared to PTSB. Yet every weekend it’s down for a few hours for ‘updating’ !

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

Still down!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Website is down as well all afternoon and still not back.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,322 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Imagine it's still not back

Really awful service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 BuddyList

Why did KBC have to leave 😫 app is awful. The KBC app never failed. Even faceID fails on BOI app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

App down all day and now transactions for online purchases using my credit card are failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

This is why I forced them to send me the little widget to generate a code. Not a chance am I putting that junk on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

Ditto. Couldn't sign in earlier.

Still down!!

Come on! I need to lodge money to my card. 2 days waiting now!

Money in my account and I cannot buy things online 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BuddyList

Still broke, Do they have any idea what they are even doing in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

I have a standing order due to be paid out of my account today and it always goes from my account early. Today it hasn't been sent yet. When will this happen? And will payments into my account tonight be available tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

For a bank with serious resources available to them , the level of IT incompetence is stunning.

Hi all,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Yesterday a technical issue impacted a number of Bank of Ireland’s services. Our teams restored these services overnight and all services are available to customers this morning. Overnight payments to accounts may appear throughout the day.

We are aware that the technical issue meant some customers were able to withdraw or transfer funds above their normal limits. These transfers and withdrawals will be applied to customers’ accounts today. We urge any customer who may find themselves in financial difficulty due to overdrawing on their account to contact us.

We sincerely apologise for the disruption this outage caused – we know we fell far below the standards our customers expect from us. 

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

You guys need to update your cut and paste response as Business On Line is still not working. I am getting "Server Error. Some unexpected Server Error occurred in the application. Please logout and login again."

Hi, thanks for getting in touch.

Bank of Ireland is aware that some customers have experienced difficulties accessing Business online. We are working to rectify this as soon as possible and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 5 montymoo

I lodged into Bank of Ireland in the postoffice yesterday . Transfer showed on my Boi account up to yesterday eve and it has now disappeared. When will my funds be in my account

Hi there,

Please contact our colleagues on 0818 365 365 from ROI or +353 1 404 4000 if calling from abroad between 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri,10am-2pm Saturdays and we can help with this.

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 5 montymoo

Hi Declan, I got a very generic " we are having problems" reply. Please be patient. While you leave customers without access to funds for the weekend .

Apologies for the delay as we are currently working on resolving this as a priority.

Credits that are not visible on accounts are expected to post at close of business tonight.

Declan

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 clocks7291

Hi, I'm trying to reserve a hotel on Booking.com and keep getting the following messages when they go through the MasterCard ID check I get this message:

Something's not quite right

We're sorry, we appear to be having a technical issue right now and cannot process your transaction. Please try again later.

Could you please advise? I have plenty of balance on my card and need to book things asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,322 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Try a different browser that doesnt have any adblock etc

Advertisement